List of results
Tenuta Reale di Pollenzo (Bra)
A route to good wine.
It was Carlo Alberto who perceived the potential of the land at Pollenzo, transforming it into a true and functioning agricultural enterprise, including vines and cellars where the oenologist Paolo Francesco Staglieno was charged with experimenting on new winemaking techniques using Nebbiolo grapes.
Castello di Cherasco
The beautiful castle of Cherasco was built in 1348 following the will of Luchino Visconti, Duke of Milano, who, after having defeated the Savoy and taken possession of the city, decided to give the city a fortress.
Chiesa di San Pietro (Cherasco)
It is the oldest monument in Cherasco. Built as the city was being built during the 13th century, the church of San Pietro has a façade consisting of various, unrelated elements. As was the custom, in fact, the church was built reusing stones and bricks from...
Chiesa di Santa Chiara (Bra)
A true masterpiece from Piemonte Rococo, designed by Bernardo Antonio Vittone, it has a quadrilateral floor plan and four large pilasters that rise up to support a double perforated dome and a little cupola. The interior decorations are particularly striking because...
Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli (Bra)
In Bra, right in the middle of the historic center, by following the entire porticato (colonnade) dell’Ala, one arrives at the church consecrated to Santa Maria degli Angeli. The building, an elliptical floor plan with six lateral altars, has two interesting frescos inside...
Giardino della Chiesa San Pietro (Cherasco)
The church was built during the fourteenth century, at the same time the town was founded, and it is the oldest monument in Cherasco. In the year 2004, the ecclesiastical complex was enriched with a "plain garden", ...
Palazzo Municipale (Bra)
Bra, the “capital of Roero” from the 1700’s on, was a city full of lively activity from a cultural point of view. It is one of the locations of the Piemonte Baroque and certainly the old market square offers a noteworthy show, lined as it is with imposing structures...
Palazzo Salmatoris (Cherasco)
At present, the property of the town, Palazzo Salmatoris was built between 1616 and 1620 by the nobleman, Giovanni di Audino Salmatoris who, in Lyon, made his fortune in the silk trade. The palazzo’s history is interwoven with the historical events...
Palazzo Traversa (Bra)
Seat of the Museo Civico Storico Archeologico, Palazzo Traversa has very ancient origins. The building’s original core dates back to the 15th century and to the rich Malabayla family who chose Bra as their main home.
Porticato dell'Ala (Bra)
The oldest part of Bra, called “della Rocca”, is rich in imposing buildings, splendid examples of Piemonte Baroque. The main ones face the market square, today, Piazza Caduti della Liberta, easily recognizable by the statue dedicated to San Giuseppe Cottolengo...
- Towns (11)
- Events in the area (11)
- Museums (4)
- ITINERARIES (1)
- Sport and entertainment (1)
- ARCHITECTURE (13)
- EATING (4)
- EXCELLENCE IN HANDICRAFTS (8)
- EXHIBITIONS (1)
- Shopping (1)
- Restaurants (20)