Complesso Feudale Malingri (Bagnolo Piemonte)
Via Palazzo, 23 - 12031 Bagnolo Piemonte (Cn)
Complesso Feudale Malingri
Located in the lovely natural setting of a beautiful landscape, the feudal complex of Malingri is worth a visit in the spring when the park’s splendid array of azaleas and rhododendrons are in full bloom. For centuries the property of a noble Savoyard family, the complex maintains its medieval allure intact and includes, besides the castle-fortress, the palazzo and the park. The manor on the hill above the property dates back to the year 1000 and is an austere stone structure with a high lateral tower and three orders of walls to protect it. Above the main entrance, a fresco depicts a woman, who probably recalls and symbolizes a marriage or alliance between the House of Savoy and the House of Acaja.
The palazzo, on the other hand, built farther down, has a beautiful 18th century façade embellished with arches and staircases and faces a square courtyard surrounded by ancient rural buildings still in use today. In the center of the courtyard is the bell tower with its sundial and stone pendulum-clock, the remains of the hamlet’s ancient church. A small door opens from the courtyard into the magnificent park that extends for almost two hectares filled with majestic trees and flowering shrubs. The garden dates back to the beginning of the 19th century and, therefore, follows the Romantic standards of the time with shady walkways that wind through woods, fields and fountains.
Date of last update: 26/04/2010