Castello di Torre Ratti (Borghetto Borbera)
Via Provinciale in Torre Ratti, 2 - 15060 Borghetto di Borbera (Al)
The Castello di Torre Ratti was officially born with the feudal concession and oath of faith which the residents of Borghetto Borbera swore in 1413, but the structure itself precedes this. In 1629, a large, square tower was added to the main structure and interior improvements were carried out. Later, an enlargement was carried out between the two towers and rooms were built on the north side. The castle offers warm hospitality in a setting that is striking due to its contact with nature and its marriage of art and history. Besides the castle, visits to the underground areas testify to the Roman origins of the site and the architectural complex, surrounded by an alluring Italian style garden, also includes the Abbey di San Bernardo.
Date of last update: 26/10/2010