List of results
The Broletto today represents, for Novara, one of the central places of the city’s history and identity, in addition to being a place of passing through, location for exhibitions, events, performances and of civic identity.
Abbazia dei Santi Nazario e Celso (San Nazzaro Sesia)
This abbey was founded by Riprando, bishop of Novara, member of the family of the Signori di Biandrate (Lords of Biandrate), between 1039 and 1053 on the remains of an old monastery. During the third century, due to the strategic position of the building, the...
Badia di Dulzago (Bellinzago Novarese)
The Badia di Dulzago is a site of great interest, and a symbol of rural architecture that should be protected and promoted. It was founded in the early XII century by the canons of Sant’Agostino rule on the remains of an ancient Roman settlement. It was built initially...
Basilica di S. Gaudenzio (Novara)
The Basilica of San Gaudenzio, patron saint of Novara, was rebuilt in the 16th century in the ruins of the ancient Basilica, which stood outside the city walls and was completed by the dome, created by Antonelli, in 1840. The existing building is the work of Pellegrino...
Battistero di Novara
Located right in front of the Duomo, the hexagonal Paleo-Christian baptistery is the oldest monument in Novara. The floor plan is typically octagonal, with rectangular apses alternating between curvilinear ones. The façade has three entrances. Inside are the...
Castello di Briona
The Briona Castle was built around the end of the 15th century by Manfredo I after the siege by Ludovico il Moro. A single structure, the castle has a square layout and a suspended interior courtyard...
Castello di Galliate
This is the largest and best known castle in the province of Novara. Built between 1476 and 1496 by Galeazzo Sforza following the design of the military architect Ambrogio Ferrari, it is today a rather low and massive rectangular structure...
Castello di Novara
Built during the Galeazzo Visconti domination, around the second half of the 14th century, the castle rises up in an area where there was once 13th century fortress. Beginning in 1472, the structure was turned into a true and proper strategic fortress for the city...
Castello di Proh
he Counts of Biandrate were the first to build a fortress in the hills, known as Castellaccio, where there is also the small Parish Church di San Silvestro as well as the remains of the surrounding wall and tower.
Castello di Vespolate
Rooms with brick vaults and stone columns or coffered ceilings, large room with floors in ancient terracotta and a vast and well-tended garden rich in plants and flowers are the features of Castello di Vespolate, in the Novara province.
- Towns (33)
- Events in the area (7)
- Museums (9)
- NATURAL RESERVES AND PARKS (2)
- Night life (1)
- Sport and entertainment (3)
- ARCHITECTURE (13)
- EATING (19)
- THEATRES (1)
- EXCELLENCE IN HANDICRAFTS (25)
- Shopping (8)
- Free time (1)
- Restaurants (14)