List of results
Sacro Monte di Oropa
The complex is made up of 19 chapels located outside the walls of the Santuario di Oropa, in the city of Biella. Twelve chapels, arranged more or less in a parallel manner, are dedicated to the life of the Madonna with fresco wall paintings and statues, while...
Battistero di San Giovanni Battista (Biella)
Built on a Roman burial ground dating back to the beginning of the 11th century, the Baptistery of San Giovanni Battista is an example of Romanesque architecture. Made of pebbles and bricks, it has a quadrilateral plan with four semi-circular apses separated...
Casa Teccio (Biella)
Piazzo, a medieval hamlet of Biella, was created in 1160 thanks to the will of the bishop of Vercelli Uguccione. Located at the top of the hill west of the city, it was once surrounded by a wall and connected to the plain by steep, stony roads called coste...
Castello dei Fieschi (Zumaglia)
An aura of mystery and legend has enveloped the Castle Fieschi of Zumaglia since the Renaissance, since the time of the feud between Filiberto Ferrero Fieschi and Giovanni Pecchio “guilty” of having sentence the lord of the castle to a pecuniary penalty...
Castello di Gaglianico
Known for its double moat and extensive Italian-style garden, the castle in Gaglianico seems to have been built in two distinct phases. During the first phase, characterized by a more defensive construction, the internal Tower would have been built...
Castello di Massazza
The document that cites the place and the presence of a tower in Massazza dates back to 1239 and refers to an event in the war between the City and the Bishop of Vercelli. Because of its strategic position...
Cattedrale di Santo Stefano Protomartire (Biella)
The works for the restoration of the cathedral were started in 1773. In this preliminary phase, part of the artistic choices was made by canon Giuseppe Antonio Gromo, general Vicar of the diocese, on the occasion of the arrival of Bishop Giulio Cesare Viacini.
Chiesa della SS. Trinità (Biella)
Built in 1626 by the Confraternita della SS. Trinita, today the church has a façade by the architect Nicola Mosso from 1956. The wooden altar is very beautiful, richly filled with figures done by Giovanni Antonio Vaglio di Pettinengo between 1682 and 1684 with...
Chiesa di San Sebastiano (Biella)
The building of the convent of San Sebastiano, which took place between 1500 and 1540, was only completed in 1887. The three-nave plan presents, over the central nave, a vaulted ceiling decorated with perpendicular bands including thee medallions dedicated...
Giardino di Palazzo La Marmora (Biella)
The building was erected in the sixteenth century by the family Ferrero della Marmora, on the hill "Piazzo" (the high town of Biella), and it consists of a wide terraced garden, enclosed by the three parts of the building...
- Towns (15)
- Events in the area (11)
- Museums (7)
- NATURAL RESERVES AND PARKS (3)
- ITINERARIES (1)
- Sport and entertainment (6)
- ARCHITECTURE (14)
- EATING (17)
- THEATRES (1)
- EXCELLENCE IN HANDICRAFTS (9)
- EXHIBITIONS (2)
- Shopping (10)
- Restaurants (10)